GCHQ Engineering Accelerator seeks tech talent in Manchester
News article - 11 September 2018
On 10 September 2018, we announced our new Engineering Accelerator programme in the Greater Manchester area, in partnership with Wayra. The city is set to see a new GCHQ facility open in 2019, and our Director General for Technology knows the potential that it holds:
"Manchester gave me some of the best years of my life as an engineering undergraduate. Back then, I saw first-hand how brilliant the technology talent was in the North West. It still is today, and I am really excited about our partnership with Wayra and our new Accelerator in Manchester. It gives us a chance to tap into that talent and use it to help us with some of our hardest problems. It puts Manchester right at the heart of our mission to keep the UK and our digital homeland safe and secure."
We're looking for ingenious ideas in the following areas of technology:
- Machine Learning, where we are keen to increase the use of machine learning to categorise and interpret large amounts of information, which is at the core of what drives our mission
- Policy and Process Automation, where we are interested in technologies that can help with the processes we have to ensure our compliance with our legal and policy frameworks
- Visualisation of Data Engineering, where we are looking for flexible, efficient and scalable solutions providing visualisation of multi-dimensional datasets
- Software-Defined Everything that can provide smart solutions to manage and control infrastructure, storage and networks through software
- Modelling the Science of Analysis, looking at solutions that can model the behaviours behind human decision making, capture the underlying assumptions, and recommend resulting actions
We've already partnered with Wayra to help Cyber Security entrepreneurs and start-ups in the Gloucestershire area through the NCSC Cyber Accelerator so are excited to take this concept to Manchester. For more information, including how to apply, head to Wayra.
Roles at our new Manchester office will be advertised in the Autumn, so keep an eye on our careers website for details.