is the Information Security arm of GCHQ, and the National Technical Authority for Information Assurance within the UK. This means that we are the definitive voice on the technical aspects of Information Security in Government.
We do this by:
- Providing tailored advice to Government on the security risks of new and existing IT systems, and providing ideas and designs to protect against those risks
- Building capability through the provision of standards and guidance, working with industry to ensure that appropriately assured products, services and people are available, and to build a pool of world class Information Assurance and Cyber Security professionals that organisations can draw upon
- Provide operational support to existing systems by alerting to specific threats and vulnerabilities, providing incident response and technical solutions to protect data, such as cryptographic keys, to protect the most sensitive information.
CESG's work supports Government in:
- Maintaining UK sovereignty by keeping sensitive and sometimes SECRET Government information secure from hostile threat
- Ensuring good quality security in IT that the public sector uses internally, as part of the UK Government ICT Strategy
- Securing Government interactions online with citizens, as part of the UK Government Digital Strategy
- Working with industry to protect the Critical National Insfrastructure of the UK
Read more on CESG's website >>